Update #1: First Steps
We have some hot fresh fixes to cure some <cough> embarrassing problems with the first release of the game. Through the shear programmatic genius, Brad has corrected a load of items!
- Fixed bug where Gammon fight would be triggered when approaching Ethan to fight.
- Fixed bug where Gammon would not respawn correctly after losing the fight to his Creature.
- Fixed bug where Creature would be seen as fighting instead of Gammon on respawn.
- Fix continue bug where after you quit to title and then press continue the game tries to load the save points twice and loses the loading camera causing a crash.
- Further cascading bugs with Gammon/Creature (they didn't really show me any love this past week) where their animations would desync under certain conditions.
- Fixed invisible cave wall tiles on bridge collapse
- Fixed bug where player was invulnerable until the player attacked an enemy after finishing a fight mid-swing.
- Fixed death issue where actors would in certain cases revert back to idle directly from the death state before the death state has finished.
- Added loading message between title screen and main menu when the save files and such are being read.
- Made intro cut scenes skippable by pressing space, esc, or action keys on the keyboard and any key on the gamepad.
- Camera now centers on player during dialogue & is framed.
- All sprites in Lo post-combat scene are now visible.
- Returning from game to title screen causes black screen or frozen animations on menu.
- Returning from game to title screen to game cause the game to crash in certain instances.
- Quitting the game from a menu crashes on the steam build.
- Changing resolution/fullscreen/windowed causes the UI raycasting to shift out of place even though it is visually preserved. Restarting the game fixes this until changes are again made.
- Resolution list in options displays the wrong resolution for the currently selected res.
- Trying to use doorways & dialog sometimes requires pressing the action button multiple times or holding it down.
- On some machines, the player is slowed down on ramps and stairs.
- Mysterious process swap bug (On windows, the game icon seems to be swapped out and the game skips frames)
- Gammon’s combat audio breaks during this fight.
- Various other tweaks, fixes, and game balances. We crushing them as fast as we can!
- There is a memory leak that causes a crash when the game is left open on the menu.
Please continue to share your feedback and issues. There is a log file located in the the Data folder that accompanies the game in your steam install. Including that file with all bug reports aids us greatly!
THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!
Get Deadly Edge
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.